Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm so jealous!

A 'Sir' who scrounged and dodged the system calls people 'jealous' the moment he's caught. Ladies and gentlemen, the Modernised Tories.

I too wish to have a 'duck island', especially one worth £1645 and one that I can get the little people to pay for. As Conservative MP Sir Anthony Steen said in a vintage display of class arrogance, we are all jealous. Jealous of his "very, very large house", jealous of his "500 trees" surrounding the property, jealous of how he thinks his behaviour was "impeccable" in the face of expense claims worth £30,000 for his garden.

We are jealous, above all, of the way Steen's own master, David Cameron, ordered him to backtrack within a few hours. "I was so deeply upset with the situation, which resulted in me overreacting. I am sorry that in the heat of the moment I said inappropriate things... about the Freedom of Information Act, which I entirely support." How pathetic does he sound?

No comments: